I am looking for volunteers to take part in a short survey which asks questions about how businesses make decisions.
The research will ask:
- Is decision making a closed loop/reflective process (Sterman, 1989)
- Are decision makers aware of resulting increase or decrease in enterprise value flowing from those decisions including sub optimal results
- Are outcomes are used to influence future decisions (Dean and Sharfman, 1996)
- Do boards consider the impact of decision process design (Saaty, 2000)
- Are they aware of higher yield alternatives (Weitzman, 1979)
So do you think of decision making as a process; does your team/business agree a process for decision making; if not how do you present and digest information to get to a decision
All contributions are anonymous and you are given access to the analysed results; if this is useful to your business along with explanatory narrative I am happy to share this with you.
This forms part of my research for Msc Strategic Management with Manchester Metropolitan University Business school and Phd at Manchester Business School.
Here’s a statistic which focuses the mind : yields on decisions are improved by nearly 30% where a process for making decisions is agreed at the outset.
Now thats worth having in any business : get more profit just by changing the way you perceive and process information… give it a go – you have nothing to loose
If you think you want to participate ; send me a message firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin
Very much appreciate the help!